Sunday, March 19, 2006

the rain is coming

I feel so dry sometimes. Especially when I've missed time in the Word for a day or two. That's whats been going on lately. I fall on my face and feel like I can never get back up. God will slap me on the face and tell me to wake up and then I'll do it again.

It seems so hopeless and miserable. I felt like the Christian life was just a joke that no one could make it in, but then when I was reading the Word, trying to get anything out of it I could, it hit me.

The Israelites never could stay on their "feet." The Lord had to punish them and judge them, and they would turn right away from Him and do everything all over again. It was a vicous cycle of falling and judging and repenting. But you know what? The Lord knows we WILL do that! No man is perfect, and even though we sometimes feel like those around us don't struggle, we're wrong. Because they do! SO take heart and be encouraged Christian. For the rain is coming to this dry land we call our lives.

"He comes as rain comes,
as spring rain refreshing the ground."
-Hosea 6:3



HAPPY SPRING!

1 comment:

elea said...

the other cool thing about the israelites is that GOD loved them so much that He wanted to restore them even in the midst of their sin. that's the exciting part i think--He is in a state of constant readiness to forgive. reckless forgiveness on His part, reckless asking on mine.